Under Construction

Most frequent questions and answers

  • What documents do I need to rent a motorcycle in Croatia:

  • Motorcycle license for all motorcycles over 125 cc and a valid ID document, either your passport or ID card for EU citizens. To rent a motorcycle with Rent-a-GS you’ll have to be: 24 or older, have a minimum of 4 years of experience, pay an insurance deposit of 900€ up to 1.500€ cash or card and have a helmet. If you don’t have a helmet we can provide one for you. Deposit is charged to credit cards and debit cards, also in is possible in the cash!

  • Methods of payment with Rent-a-GS:

    A 30% down payment is taken in advance via wire transfer or card payment to confirm the booking and to reserved the requested motorbike model. The rest of the amount we charge On-site. All brands of debit cards and American Express credit cards we accept.

  • What do I pay before renting a motorcycle?

    To confirm the booking we take 30% of the down payment and the rest of the rental amount (70%) on the day of the rental. Once on-site you will also be charged a deposit by the method of preauthorization hold. Meaning, we reserve or “freeze” the equivalent amount depending on the model of the motorcycle you rent making the balance unavailable until the motorcycle is returned. This deposit is motorcycle rental liability insurance in case of any damage or theft.

  • What is the equipment included in my rental price?

    Motorcycle, top and side Vario cases, mobile phone bar mount holder & USB plug, taxes, and insurance.

  • Are there age limitations to motorcycle rental?

    You have to be at least 24 years of age with at least 4 years of driving experience.

  • Getting to and from Split Airport
    If needed, Rent-a GS offers airport pick up and drop off of our motorcycles. If you want to jump into a Croatian motorcycle rental adventure straight from the airport to any location. Airport motorcycle delivery covers all of Croatia.
  • Is my US driver’s license valid for renting a motorcycle in Croatia?
    Usually, international licenses when renting a motorcycle in Croatia are not required. Have in mind that without a special motorcycle license you’ll be able to rent only a 50cc in Croatia. EU licenses are valid through all EU countries, U.S. citizens visiting Croatia may use a U.S. driver’s license for up to three months without having to change it into an international one or domestic.

  • What in case of motorcycle damage?

    Any motorcycle damage or theft is covered by the deposit of 900 to 1500 Euro taken upfront before completing the rental process.

  • Crossing the borders Bosnia and Hercegovina, Serbia and Montenegro FAQ

    Have your documents prepared; passports, vehicle documents. All insurance is included in the price, so you are good to go across the border. Read more about it in our blog.

  • Is my motorcycle insurance covered?

    Apart from liability insurance coverage taken as a deposit, in case of any damage exceeding the deposit amount is covered by Rent-a-GS insurance policies.

  • Is it mandatory to wear a safety vest while riding in Croatia?

    No, although it is highly recommended to be as visible as you can. A helmet is required by law with a 150 Euro fine in case of not wearing one. Also, motorcycle drivers are required to drive with lights on during the summer and winter seasons.

  • Driving regulations in Croatia

    Four general speed limits apply on Croatian roads:50 km/h (31 mph) within inhabited places, or up to 80 km/h (50 mph) where explicitly permitted 90 km/h (56 mph) outside inhabited places 110 km/h (68 mph) on expressways 130 km/h (81 mph) on highways

  • Alcohol limit on Croatian roads

    The limit for drivers over 25 years of age is 0.5%. It is illegal to drive with more than 0.05% of alcohol in the blood system. Severe fines apply should you reject alcohol and drug testing when stopped by the police. Croatia has the most amazing wines and tasty grappas, so please drink responsibly 🙂

  • If I rent a motorcycle with your company what countries can I ride the motorcycle in?

    Rent-a-GS rental is covered in all EU countries plus Serbia, Kosovo, Montenegro, Bosnia and Hercegovina, Albania.

  • Taking your motorcycle on a ferry

    Croatian national ferry company provides an online booking system. To ensure you’ll reach your island destination (blog) we recommend buying ferry tickets a couple of days prior to departing. Have in mind that in high season Croatian national ferry company Jadrolinija transports thousands of passengers, so be there on time 😊 Opening hours of Split ticket office are usually from 5:30 and 9:30 weekday working hours on two booths.

  • Booking a stay?

    Plan ahead. High season usually means that city locations like Split and Dubrovnik are overcrowded and overbooked. However, there are tons of great locations for explorers like Gorski Kotar or islands. Free camping is not legal in Croatia, so if you plan to sleep under the stars make sure that your little camp is well hidden. (We didn’t tell you that). A valid option worth mentioning is official campsites. Mostly located along the coastline, should you feel tired and in need of rest, there are plenty to chose from without booking ahead.

  • Free parking

    Unicorn term for cars in the summer season, but not for motorcycles. However, in Croatia official parking locations provide free parking for motorcycles. It’s relatively easy to search them up and park there if you’re visiting for a day or more. Also, try parking where locals do. Croatia is safe in terms of motorcycle theft, so most locals don’t lock up their motorcycles. Usually, free parking locations are busy locations as well which reduces the probability of theft and damage. In the worst-case scenario, Rent-a-GS motorcycles are insurance-covered. Your motorcycle rental coverage goes up to paid deposit, not a cent more. All additional info can be provided on the rental location.

Scroll to Top